Fresno Dome Camping in Oakhurst CA is a great place to set up your campsite. This wonderful campground is a place where you can relax with your family and friends.
Best Family Camping Tips by GO Outdoors
Spending a night or 2 camping can be an exciting way to enjoy the outdoors, but there are a few pieces of equipment and things you need to know before you go toNeon Lites campgrounds. In this video guide, we explore the world of Family camping and offer up some helpful tips and hints to those first-time campers. Source: GO Outdoors
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds, from secluded Sierra hike-ins to convenient roadside stopovers, including dog-friendly, family-friendly, and wheelchair accessible options
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated by the scenery and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, white water rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Skip the Crowds: Moon California Camping contains many secluded spots and campgrounds, not in the online reservation system
- Curated Lists of Top RV and Tent Sites: Pick the right campsite for your travel style with lists like “Best for Families,” “Scenic Campgrounds,” and “Best Island Retreats”
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra knows his stuff; he’s hiked 25,000 miles in and around these campgrounds for over 30 years
- Essential Information on Hiking the John Muir Trail and the Pacific Crest Trail: includes campgrounds that offer trailhead access
- Tips and Tools: Information on equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, plus background on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
Whether you’re a veteran or a first-time camper, with Moon’s comprehensive coverage and trusted advice, you’ll be ready to pitch your tent and enjoy the great outdoors.
Narrowing your search? Try Moon Northern California Camping. Looking for some focused advice on outdoor recreation? Check out Moon California Hiking or Moon California Fishing.
Full coverage of: Redwood Empire, Shasta and Trinity, Lassen and Modoc, Mendocino and Wine Country, Sacramento and Gold Country, Tahoe and the Northern Sierra, the San Francisco Bay Area, Monterey and Big Sur, the San Joaquin Valley, Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes, Sequoia and Kings Canyon, Santa Barbara, Los Angeles and San Diego (and their surrounding areas), and the California deserts, including Death Valley and Palm Desert
Do you have your camping checklist ready?
Don’t let your camping trip get ruined by not having the right supplies.
Here is a simple camping checklist I recommend you use.
- Tent; big enough for your gear and loved ones
- Sleeping Bags designed for camping in various climates, especially at Fresno Dome campsite. We all know that the Westcoast Campsites weather can change on short notice.
- Sleeping Pads to add some extra cushion under your sleeping bag
- Ready-to-eat snacks with tons of carbs
- Weather-appropriate Clothing for Oakhurst CA climate; all-weather boots, lightweight rain jackets, sweatshirts, sandals, camping socks, etc
- Hygiene, Tooth Brush, Soap & Medical Essentials; burn cream, bandages, ankle wraps
- Fishing Poles, if you are going to catch fish whether is a named brand like Neon Lites tackle or a generic brand, just make sure you use that is right for you.
- Fishing Reels; I highly recommend that you check your old reels on your fishing pole if you have one because some reels get rusty.
- Fishing Lures for catching fish in shallow and semi-deep waters. Make sure you do your research before you go.
- Fishing Line; Keep in mind, nearly all fishing line gets frail and weak as it ages. You should change out your fishing line before you try to catch a fish.
- Mosquito Repellent for those pesky bugs that never seem to go away.
- I highly recommend you bring Fishing Lantern with extra batteries if you plan to fish at night. Certain fish are attracted to lights.
- Water Bottles for hiking and recreation so you can stay hydrated.
Check out Alaska’s campsites.
This post has recommended Amazon Affiliate links.