Grande Ronde Lake Camping in Baker City OR can be incredible if you let go of your busy life. This incredible campground is a place where you can relax with your family and friends..
Are you ready to go camping in Grande Ronde Lake?
One of the best ways to have fun outdoors and enjoy all the nature has to offer is by going camping. However, it is not enough to just head out into the woods without knowing what you are doing. By remembering the following advice, your next camping trip can be one to remember.
Be prepared to camp in Oregon…
Make a list of things you need to take with you before you go camping. You may think you are great at packing, but little else is worse than being out in the middle of the woods and realizing you forgot your allergy medication. Sit down and create a comprehensive list of everything you might need during the week before your camping trip.
Do you know how to navigate effectively with a GPS?
Knowing how to navigate is crucial when you are camping. Especially in areas where there are large mountains and valleys. It is important to know where you are, and how to get back to to your campsite if you become lost. Always bring a physical paper map of the area, along with your Garmin GPS, and a compass to help you. The Garmin GPS will provide you with additional information, such as altitude and geo-reference points.
Don’t forget your bug spray…
One thing that many people forget to pack on a camping trip, and which quickly turns the trip into a nightmare is bug spray. This simple repellent will save you both annoyance and can protect your health as many types of bugs can do a great deal of damage to you quickly. So, just to be safe, make sure you get your bug spray before you leave.
Keep the needs of your family in mind before you choose Grande Ronde Lake…
Just some friendly advice, from a father of several boys. Keep the needs of your family in mind before selecting a destination. For example, if you have a baby or toddler, it may be best to stick close to home in case things don’t go as planned. If you have teenagers, however, you may enjoy traveling to a different state. Choose what is best for you!
Have fun and be safe…
Once you know what you are doing, it is a lot easier to have fun on your next camping trip. By arming yourself with some basic advice, you can avoid common mistakes and just focus on enjoying yourself. Just remember the tips from this article to have a great time camping.
Don’t let your camping trip get ruined by not having the right supplies.
Here is a simple camping checklist I recommend you use.
- Make sure you get a Tent that is big enough for your camping gear, loved ones, and dog.
- Sleeping Bags designed for camping in various climates, especially at Grande Ronde Lake campsite in Oregon. We all know that the weather in Oregon can change on short notice.
- Camping Pads to add some extra cushion under your sleeping bag so you don’t wake up with a stiff neck and back.
- Ready-to-eat snacks with tons of carbs
- Weather-appropriate clothing for Baker City OR climate; all-weather boots, lightweight rain jackets, sweatshirts, sandals, camping socks, etc
- Hygiene, toothbrush, soap, medical essentials; burn cream, bandages, ankle wraps
- Fishing Poles. If you are going to catch fish whether is a fishing pole for beginners or advanced fisherman, just make sure you use that is right for you.
- Fishing Reels. I highly recommend putting some oil on those rusty fishing reels. If need be, you should probably look into buying a new reel.
- Fishing Lures for catching fish in shallow and semi-deep waters. Make sure you do your research before you go. Do you want to know a little fishing secret? Use red lures and red hooks if you want to catch a bunch of fish. SShhh…don’t tell your buddy…
- Fishing Line; Keep in mind, nearly all fishing line gets frail and weak as it ages. Change your fishing line before you lose your trophy catch!
- Mosquito Repellent for those pesky bugs that never seem to go away.
- I highly recommend you bring a Fishing Lantern with extra batteries if you plan to fish at night. Certain fish are attracted to lights.
- Water Bottles for hiking and recreation so you can stay hydrated.
Recommended Camping Games
- Glow-in-Dark Bowling with Chemlights in Water bottles
- Bocce Ball
- 20 Questions
- I Spy for Kids
This top-selling outdoors writer Tom Stienstra covers the adventures of camping in Oregon, including notable campsites along the incredible Oregon Coast, Portland and the Willamette Valley, the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Hood, as well as the Southern Cascades. Stienstra provides easy-to-follow maps with driving directions to each campground, along with camping options from secluded alpine hike-ins to convenient roadside stopovers. Complete with details on what to pack, what to wear for Grande Ronde Lake, for reservations, fees, and the best camping facilities, Moon Oregon Camping gives travelers the tools they need to create a more personal and memorable camping experience.
This post has Amazon Affiliate links.
The featured image does not represent Grande Ronde Lake in Baker City OR.