Lower Falls Camping in Cougar WA is definitely a place you want to visit for your next vacation.
This incredible family centric camping facility. You will not be disappointed. Create those lasting memories that you always wanted to create with your family.
Get organized before you camp in Washington State
One of the best ways to have fun outdoors and enjoy all the nature has to offer is by going camping. However, it is not enough to just head out into the woods without knowing what you are doing. By remembering the following advice, your next camping trip can be one to remember.
Watch out for the wildlife. They will take your camp food…
Some of the best food options to bring camping with you are things that come in cans. While this may not be the best tasting, it is great for two reasons. It is very convenient and easy to prepare on an open fire, but more importantly; big brown bears or sneaky raccoons will be to smell the food if is not in a sealed can.
Tips for building an amazing campfire…
When collecting wood for a campfire, focus on three different sizes: the finger-size wood, that will catch fire right away, the arm-size wood that will keep it going, and the leg-size wood that will allow you to keep the fire going for a long time. Getting different sizes of wood helps you to start the fire and keep it going.
When in doubt. Stay close to home…
Just some friendly advice, from a father of several boys. Keep the needs of your family in mind before selecting a destination. For example, if you have a baby or toddler, it may be best to stick close to home in case things don’t go as planned. If you have teenagers, however, you may enjoy traveling to a different state. Choose what is best for you!
Number one camping rule, be prepared…
Once you know what you are doing, it is a lot easier to have fun on your next camping trip, especially if you choose to camp right here in Washington State. You can avoid costly mistakes by being prepared ahead of time. Just remember the tips from this article to have a great time camping.
Recommended camping games…
- French Cricket
- Two Truths and a Lie
- Musical Chairs
- 20 Questions
Check and see how far you are from Lower Falls campgrounds by using Google Maps.
Make sure you call before you decide to make the trip to Lower Falls. 360.449.7810/360.891.5001
Do you need to learn more about camping at Lower Falls or any other campground in Washington State?
Whether you’re parking the RV or camping in the secluded wilderness, explore the great outdoors of the Evergreen State with Moon Washington Camping.
Inside you’ll find:
- A Campsite for Everyone: A variety of campgrounds and RV parks, from family-friendly car camping to secluded hike-ins, including dog-friendly and wheelchair accessible options
- Ratings and Essentials: All campsites are rated on a scenic scale and marked with amenities like restrooms, trailhead access, picnic areas, laundry, piped water, showers, and playgrounds
- Recreation Highlights: Discover nearby hiking, swimming, fishing, water-skiing, whitewater rafting, hot springs, and options for winter sports
- Maps and Directions: Easy-to-use maps and detailed driving directions for each campground
- Trusted Advice: Expert outdoorsman Tom Stienstra is always on the move, having traveled more than a million miles across Washington and the West over the past 25 years
- Tips and Tools: Essentials like equipment, food and cooking, first aid, and insect protection, as well as background information on the climate, landscape, and history of the campsites
- Comprehensive Coverage: Moon Washington Camping covers the Olympic Peninsula and the Washington Coast, Seattle and Puget Sound, the Northern and Southern Cascades, Northeastern Washington, the Columbia River Gorge and Mount Rainier, and Southeastern Washington
Whether you’re a veteran or a first-time camper, Moon’s comprehensive coverage and trusted advice will have you gearing up for your next adventure.
This camping article has Amazon Affiliate links.
The featured image does not represent Lower Falls. For illustration purposes only.