McClellan City Park camping in Columbia Falls ME is waiting for you and your family to create surprising memories at this surprising camping location.
Here is a great Nothern Maine camping video. Music is great! Enjoy.
Just a word of advice, when thinking about camping at McClellan City Park, learn how to mark the trails that you are exploring. It can be quite easy to get lost in the woods. Marking the trails that you are walking will make it easy to find your way back to camp. It can also help others find you if you get lost.
You can reach the campgrounds by calling 207.546.2422 to see how many campsites are available before you head there. Campsites are typically seasonal, McClellan City Park is open (), so make sure they are open before you go.
Whitewater Rafting in Maine
Recommended Safety Gear for Whitewater Rafting
- 26 lbs average buoyancy
- Type-V commercially rated whitewater vest that doubles as a private rafter’s high float PFD
- QR belt compatible
- Crotch harness compatible
- US Coast Guard approved Type III/V Dual rated PFD
- See price.
- 100% WATERPROOF DRY BAGS SET GUARANTEED keeping all your gear protected no matter what the conditions! from being plunged into the whitewater on an extreme kayak run, hiking in torrential rain or at the beach, your gear is protected & safe when in the surprising whitewater of Maine.
- LIGHT, TOUGH, & VERY STRONG, comfortable to carry, tear, rip and puncture proof! The perfect combination you need on your adventures, a great size 36cm (14.25ins) X 70cm (27.5ins) Ultra Dry Bags WILL NOT let you down.
- PREMIUM QUALITY WATERPROOF PHONE CASE INCLUDED 6.75 x 4 inch, worth $13 alone! fits & works superbly with all large and small smartphones with waterproofing quality you can depend on, ultra clear windows allow for great photos and videos.
- EXTRA LONG SHOULDER STRAP included, removable & adjustable up to 48 ins/122 cm, 4 inches longer than any other brand, easy to carry & will comfortably fit all body types, Extra Free bonus! A handy metal caliper for your keys or to attach your bag to your craft.
- 365 DAY, UNRIVALED CUSTOMER CARE, we take care of you better than anyone else! Making sure you are 100% delighted and the product is perfect when it reaches you. If not, ALL your money back or a replacement Guaranteed. Buy one for a friend and get free shipping!
- See Today’s Price: Between $7.49 – $22.94.
Top Rated Camping Gear
Here is a simple camping checklist I recommend you use.
Get a big enough camping tent for your camping gear and supplies. This will give you the room necessary for a comfortable camping trip. I recommend you choose a Coleman tent. They have a long history of being affordable and reliable.
- 8 person/1 room tent, 16 x 7-Feet footprint, 74-Inch center height,11-millimeter fiberglass poles
- Modified dome structure, perfect for Comers Rock, simple to set up, electrical access port and reverse angle windows
- Great for family car campers, scout leaders, extended camping trips and easy to transport to any campsite in Virginia
- 75-denier polyester taffeta fly, 68-denier polyester mesh inner tent, 1000-denier polyethylene floor
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer’s warranty, made in China. WeatherTec system – patented welded floors and inverted seams help keep water out. Especially when unexpected storms roll in
- See pricing
Practice makes perfect when pitching a tent. Take the time to put the tent up before leaving for your trip. This allows you to build your proficiency at erecting the tent, and will also help locate any issues with the tent in case you need to exchange it for a better option.
Recommended Sleeping Bag
Find yourself some cozy sleeping bags designed for camping in various climates, especially at McClellan City Park campsite. We all know that the Northeastern Campsites the weather can change on short notice. I recommend you choose a sleeping bag from Winner Outfitters.
Lightweight & Portable: Thanks for the Mummy design, this sleeping bag weighs only 2.8 pounds. Mummy sleeping bag not only fit adult body very well but also reduce extra weight.
Moreover, each sleeping bag comes with a travel-friendly carry bag, a compression sack with straps, which makes it quite convenient to store and carry the sleeping bag along.
It’s really perfect for Maine camping, hiking, travel & outdoor activities. See Pricing.
Recommended Camping Pads for McClellan City Park
When you are camping, a must-have item is camping pads. Having one of these will add some extra cushion under your sleeping bag so you don’t wake up with a stiff back. I highly recommend you check out Teton Sports Universal Camping Pad.
- CAMP COMFORTABLY: Thick, comfortable camping pad feels just like your bed at home; Open-cell foam pad keeps its shape.
- EXTRA INSULATION AND COMFORT: Camping pad provides another layer of insulation from the cold, hard, uneven ground or uninsulated cot surface.
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND EASY TO USE: Easy to carry to the campsite; Built-in roll assister and roll-up straps with compression buckles make storage of your pad quick, compact, and easy
- MANY USES: Use as a stand-alone ground pad, with a cot, or as an extra bed for guests when camping at McClellan City Park; Each camping pad fits perfectly on the TETON Sports Universal Cot; Canvas outer shell slips off to make cleaning easy
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY: Your satisfaction is GUARANTEED; Reach out to our AMAZING customer service team if you have any questions or concerns.
- See pricing
Weather-appropriate clothing for Columbia Falls, Maine climate; all-weather boots, lightweight rain jackets, sweatshirts, sandals, camping socks, etc. I also recommend you check out Columbia’s all-weather jackets. They will keep you dry when those unexpected thunderstorms.
Recreational camping is not just for warm weather. If you are feeling especially adventurous, you can go camping in early spring and late fall at most camping grounds in the State of Maine. You can even camp in the snow if you have the right gear. Make sure your sleeping bags are suitable for whatever weather you are camping in.
Now that you have a good idea of how to plan for your camping trip, you can start planning and packing before you head to McClellan City Park. Explore Maine’s fascinating outdoors. Keep your camera ready! You are going to want to capture as many memories as possible on your next camping excursion.
Check out my article on Bass Fishing Tips. If you are interested in finding hot fishing spots, check out where these fish are located around the country; Brown Trout, Largemouth Bass & River Salmon. Check out New Hampshire Campsites
This post has recommended Amazon Affiliate links.
The featured image is for illustration purposes only. This image is not a picture of McClellan City Park.