Prouty Beach Campground camping in Newport VT is an awesome place to take your family and friends. This surprising location is the perfect family-centric camping facility. You will not be disappointed. Create those lasting memories that no one will forget.
Take in the beauty of Vermont. You will not be disappointed! Vermont is the hidden gem of the Northeast.
But before you go, make sure you call 802.334.7951 to see how many campsites are available.
Campsites are typically seasonal, Prouty Beach Campground is open () so check before you go.
Is your camping checklist ready?
Don’t let your camping trip get ruined by not having the right supplies.
Here is a simple camping checklist I recommend you use.
- Tent; big enough for your camping gear and loved ones
- Sleeping Bags designed for camping in various climates, especially at Prouty Beach Campground campsite. We all know that the Northeastern Campsites the weather can change on short notice.
- Get yourself a Klymit V Lightweight Sleeping Pads to add some extra cushion under your sleeping bag. You don’t want to wake up with a stiff back.
- Ready-to-eat snack packs with tons of nuts for energy.
- Weather-appropriate clothing for Newport VT climate; all-weather boots, lightweight rain jackets, sweatshirts, sandals, camping socks, etc
- Basic toiletries and hygiene products
- If you are going to catch fish whether is a named brand like Keitech tackle or a generic brand, just make sure you use that is right for you.
- I highly recommend that you check your old fishing reels if you have one because some reels get rusty. If they are too rusty, I recommend you take a look at KastKing Sharky III fishing reel. It will pull in a 30-pound trophy fish. Plus it is relativity cheap.
- Fishing Lures for catching fish in shallow and semi-deep waters. Make sure you do your research before you go.
- Fishing Line; fishing line loses its strength over time. You should get fishing line before you try to catch a fish.
- Mosquito Repellent for those pesky bugs that never seem to go away.
- I highly recommend you bring Fishing Lantern with extra batteries if you plan to fish at night. Certain fish are attracted to lights.
- Glacier Hiking water bottles that are insulated and vacuum sealed. Plus it can sustain some level of intense activity.
Recommend you get yourself a Survival Kit. They are versatile and very useful in odd unexpected situations.
- 6 in 1 Waterproof Case: Stainless Steel Versatile Tool Card, Fire Starter, Compass, Wire Saw, Emergency Whistle, and Flashlight. Also including the emergency blanket. One emergency survival gear can meet your different needs. The box size is 5”X 3.5”X1.6”, weight is 6.3oz.
- Practical & Durable Survival Kit: Whistle is loud and has a key ring on one end. Compass is compact, flexible and high sensitivity. Wire saw has sharp saw blades sharp and smooth, do not hurt hand and can cut stuff and pretty quickly. Firestarter is easy to use, simply draw the strike rod down the block to create sparks to light your kindling.
- Multi-function Tool: The steel tool card is a multi-tool, including a can opener, screwdriver, ruler, cap opener, 4 position wrench, butterfly wrench, saw blade, direction ancillary indication, 2 position wrench, and a key ring holder. The flashlight has High / Low / Strobe Light Modes. (The battery of flashlight is not included.)
- High-quality Set: Each of the inside components is well made. The zipper case is waterproof and shock resistant. The other six components are made from stainless steel or plastic material. Very sturdy and durable.
- Perfect for Vermont Camping: Perfect for Outdoor Enthusiasts, It’s necessary when camping, hiking, hunting, biking, climbing, traveling, adventures, survival and in an emergency situation. A must-have for us. Also a great gift for your friends who like to explore the world or at Prouty Beach Campground.
- See pricing
Check out my article on Bass Fishing Tips. If you are interested in finding hot fishing spots, check out where these fish are located around the country; Brown Trout, Largemouth Bass & River Salmon. Also, check out New Hampshire Campsites.
This post has recommended Amazon Affiliate links.